Recommend

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

$5.4 Billion profit...1st quarter


Once again we are being told that the five major oil companies in the United States are enjoying a record profit for the first quarter of this year. At this rate Exxon expects to surpass last years annual profit. We also heard President Bush offering his solution to the problem, which may be a little too late. What has become apparent is that a viable solution is not going to come from his administration. His Republican supporters are now thinking about their chances in November and so we may start to hear from them as well. So what can we do to ease the economic pain of our nation? Personally, I have already started to curtail all recreational driving. I will not be buying any gas-guzzler and I will support any effort to get alternative fuel on the market as soon as possible. And let me say, from one that has always strongly supported the right for business to make a profit, I cannot trust any oil company to help us. They will continue to take our money and blame the war and now Venezuela for their uncontrollable greed. And I am sorry to say......I don’t trust our President anymore.