Recommend

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rambling --Continued

I stopped on the previous post kinda short because I was told to put out the trash in time for pick up. Let me just say that if any politician in EP is doing anything unethical or illegal, I have not seen it, read it or heard of it. I am old enough to remember the days of Judge Bibb, Stevenson and Pete Rossi. Those were heated elections that invigorated the town. Candidates would block off a street and hold their political rallies...along with good carne asada with all the trimmings. The best ones were held at San Juan Plaza. Those that could not get a place at the table would eat on the hood of their car. Music played for four hours and even the opponent's people would show up for the good meal. Mr. Harper often provided the cooks and steaks that never ran out. Those were the days.