Recommend

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Take the butter off the table


I am starting to really notice that restaurants are serving smaller portions while at the same time using smaller plates.

This is the restaurant where I go on Sundays. The place used to be packed but that too has changed. I can see that less people are coming and it could be because they too have noticed the changes.

Today they brought no chips with sauce, which has been a ritual since I can remember.

In a way, I want to thank them for the changes they are making in order to stay afloat and survive as a business.

According to health officials, our nation has become a nation of obese people with the exception of Portland. So I want to thank the owners of this restaurant for helping me come to my senses by lessening my portions. Now if they could bring me two flour tortillas instead of four that would be great. And take the butter off the table too.