Recommend

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A real deal at Jack’s


Well call me a service critic and I will not argue because that is basically what I have become. Few of you may know that I have no kids and am supposed to be enjoying the golden years after retiring. This may explain why I prefer to eat out rather than try to cook at home and eat by myself.

Today I tried Jack in the Box’s $3.99 Jumbo Deal, which gives you two tacos, a hamburger, fries and all you can drink..drink. To tell you the truth, I expected some catch, like paying more if you wanted lettuce or tomatoes but no. The offer is legit and a terrific deal.

The tacos taste the same way they tasted during my college years. Back then I could handle as many as five tacos from the same place on San Pedro and Hwy 35 in San Antonio. A single taco was about sixty-nine cents back then in 1969.

I would say that if anything needs any improvement in the Jack in the Box Jumbo Deal its their hamburger. Most hamburgers seem to have a distinct taste and you can tell them apart. My favorite is the #2 Sonic, followed by Burger King, then Whataburger and then Wendy’s.

So I must say that Jack’s Jumbo Deal is a real deal especially for a total of $4.31 including tax.