Recommend

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'll Have a Granule Fajita Taco


I know I have said it before. I eat out most of the time and seldom cook at home. So this has taken me into many restaurants which I have enjoyed because of the convenience and adventure. I have no qualms about where I go and often try a new place if I see their parking lot full. This week I have tried fajita tacos on flour tortilla and have found a developing change. At both places I asked for the same thing and although they are on opposite sides of San Antonio, I found that the restaurants are now serving their fajita meat in granules; sort of slightly oversized BBs. Both add lettuce and tomatoes at no extra cost. The result is over-cocked meat, often dry and crumbly (crumbly ?). I hope this is not happening everywhere. I can't imagine the reason for this change but somehow I feel that they will blame the economy. The taco in this picture is not the one I ate.