Recommend

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Walmart - Out of Order


Unlike many people, I seldom print the more than thousand photos that I take each month at events. But sometimes I do it as a request. Such was the case about a week ago. It was then that I found out that at least in San Antonio, it could be a flourishing business. I see people lining up for a chance at the print computers. But what I also saw was that most seem to be out of order. I spoke to a frustrated store manager from a chain drugstore and was told that their corporate office does not place much interest in that particular area.

I drove to several outlets including CVS, Walgreen and Walmart and found machines out of order.

One such stop was an eye opener when I ended up at a Walmart Store in the far Southside of San Antonio but found out-of-order signs taped over the screens on two machines. There was no one around. I hated the thought of having to drive more than 18 miles to Ritz Camera on the north side of San Antonio. Just then a Walmart saleslady arrived and I asked when they planned to fix the two machines.

"Oh no, both machines are working. Just take the sign off the screen." she replied. She added that the signs are placed on the screen when they have no one available to work at the photo section.

I placed my Sandisk card in the machine and printed my photos.